
The action plan envisages the completion of sanctioned works on drinking water and sewage by March 31. | Photo credit: File Photo
The Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board’s summer action plan this year will be managed by Chief General Managers who will be appointed as nodal officers for each of the board’s 12 jurisdictional circles.
Besides preparing action plans to complete all sanctioned drinking water and sanitation works by March 31, these officials are also tasked with overseeing the construction of 18,000 rainwater harvesting pits within the outer ring limits over the next 90 days.
While reviewing the plans on Tuesday, Board Director General K. Ashok Reddy said that all residential premises of 200 square yards and above require a RWH pit and it is mandatory for premises above 300 square yards. Mr. Reddy also said that the changes in the tax regulations are proposed to be amended to make RWH pit mandatory for approval of all new connections.
Emphasizing that uninterrupted water tanker supply is a priority for the season, he said officials should assess demand trends in their jurisdictions and set up additional filling stations and locations if necessary. If required, additional tankers would be procured and officials were asked to strictly adhere to the norm of supplying water tankers within 24 hours of reservation.
According to him, the priority will also be to desilt the sewer lines and manholes by the end of May. Mr. Reddy stressed that the officials must ensure speedy disposal of the waste generated during the dewatering works. He also directed that all road rehabilitation work must be completed by the last week of April to avoid public inconvenience before the monsoon.
Managing Director Mayank Mittal, CTO Sudarshan, HR Director Mohammed Abdul Khader, Project Director Sridhar, COO Vinod Bhargava, CGM, GM and other senior officials attended the review.
Published – 28 Jan 2026 0:26 IST





