Skip to content

Watch out for flyers! IndiGo extends cancellation of flights to Baku, Tashkent until March 28 due to US-Iran tensions | Today’s news

February 16, 2026

IndiGo Airlines announced on Monday that the cancellation of flights connecting Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent will be extended until March 28 due to tensions between the US and Iran.

The budget carrier said services remain affected by ongoing developments in the region around Iran and its associated airspace.

Earlier this month, the airline canceled flights to and from Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent until February 28, 2026.

On Monday, the airline announced it was extending the cancellation until March 28, 2026.

Full refund offered

Announcing the cancellation, IndiGo said flyers can either explore alternative travel options or opt for a full refund.

“Customers can visit explore alternative travel options or opt for a full refund. We appreciate your understanding and patience,” read IndiGo’s post on X.

Tensions between Iran and the US

Tensions between Iran and the US escalated after Washington sent an aircraft carrier strike group to the Middle East following Iran’s deadly response to anti-government protests that peaked last month.

On Monday, Iran said the US stance on Iran’s nuclear program had “moved to be more realistic,” AFP reported.

Tehran’s foreign minister arrived in Geneva for a new round of indirect talks with the US as the Revolutionary Guards began military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz, an important shipping line for oil and gas.

According to Tehran, the talks, mediated by Oman, will take place on Tuesday in Switzerland

Negotiations between Iran and the US

Iran and the US recently resumed indirect talks brokered by Oman after President Trump repeatedly threatened military action against Iran last month over a deadly crackdown on protesters.

A previous attempt at negotiations collapsed when Israel launched surprise strikes on Iran, sparking a 12-day conflict that later saw the United States intervene briefly with attacks on Iran’s nuclear facilities, AFP reported earlier.

“The cautious assessment is that from the discussions that have taken place in Muscat so far, we are at least told that the US position on the Iranian nuclear issue has shifted to a more realistic one,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei said, the official IRNA news agency reported.

Index
    Settings