
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday (July 29) explained that he did not intend to carry out a summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping, but said he could visit China if he was formally invited.
“I can go to China, but it would only be at the invitation of President Xi, who was extended. Otherwise no interest!” Trump said in a post on the Social Truth.
Trump and XI last spoke in June. After the call, both leaders reportedly invited to visit. If Trump’s visit were to take place, it would mean their first personal meeting from the return of Trump to the Presidency in January.
In Sweden there are business interviews at the end
Meanwhile, the business negotiations between the US and China closed in Stockholm after two days of meeting with closed doors. The third round of interviews between two economic giants is considered to be a key step towards releasing an ongoing trade.
China supports the extension of tariffs
Chinese vice president Li Chengnang, who spoke at a press conference after interviews, said Beijing wants the existing tariff ceasefire with Washington to continue. The current agreement reduced tariffs to 30% to Chinese goods entering the US.
“We believe that the current arrangement has helped maintain stability in bilateral trade. China promotes its extension,” she said, and without determining the timeline.
Trump had previously expanded the ceasefire by 90 days.
We still have to commit to extend
American sales representative Jamieson Greer confirmed that the tariff pause was “discussed”, but stressed that no final decision was made.
Greer told reporters that he and Secretary Bessnt would inform President Trump as soon as he returned to Washington, but in the end it is the president’s call.
Trump, spoke to journalists at the end of the trip to Scotland, said he was informed that the meeting of Stockholm was going well.
(Tagstotranslate) Donald Trump (T) Xi Jinping (T) USA Chinese trade interviews (T) US-Chinese summit





