
On October 16, a social media post by CM Siddaramaiah celebrating the world record recognition for the state’s Shakti scheme and KSRTC sparked a row after opposition parties alleged that the certifying agency, the London Book of World Records, had been disbanded. | Photo credit: MURALI KUMAR K
Following the row over the ‘London Book of World Records’ recognition for Karnataka’s Shakti scheme and the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), the London Book of Records has issued a clarification defending its decision.
The London-based Book of World Records issued the clarification in response to what it described as “defamatory and defamatory” reports posted on social media platforms. On October 16, a social media post by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah celebrating the recognition of the state’s Shakti scheme and KSRTC’s world record sparked a row after opposition parties alleged that the certifying agency, the London Book of World Records, had been disbanded in the UK a month earlier.
Following the backlash, the original post was deleted on October 17. By then, screenshots of the certificates and X’s post had already gone viral.
The London Book of World Records said in a statement that social media posts had caused confusion about its registration and operation. She clarified that London Book of Records is a privately registered company under the Companies Act, 2006 with its head office in England and Wales and service offices in Pune and Delhi. The company was originally registered under company number 15807855 on 28 June 2024 at Company House in Cardiff.
However, the release added that this company was dissolved on 15 July 2025 and was subsequently re-registered on 22 August 2025 under a new number (16667234) with the same name and management. “There is no question of anything dubious, suspicious and the affairs of a dissolved company,” the statement said, adding that all contact details are available on the official website.
The organization defended its recognition of KSRTC and Shakti scheme for women empowerment. She described the initiative as a “testimony of exemplary success” and noted that the recognition was based on excellence in public service and jointly endorsed by International Chairman Avinash Sakund and Ivan Gacina, Head of the European Union, Republic of Croatia.
Published – 21 Oct 2025 21:11 IST





