
Blast in Delhi today near Red Fort: Delhi Police said on Monday that the vehicle that exploded near Lal Qila, killing at least eight people earlier in the evening, was not stationary and was moving slowly.
Speaking to the media, Delhi Police Commissioner Satish Golcha said the vehicle, a Hyundai i20, had stopped at a red light near the Red Fort.
“A slowly moving vehicle stopped at a red light today around 18:52. There was an explosion in this vehicle and the surrounding vehicles were also damaged as a result of the explosion,” said the top police official.
Golcha said agencies, including the FSL and NIA, were on the ground to assess the situation.
“Some people died and some were injured in the incident. The situation is being monitored,” he said.
The Delhi Police Commissioner informed that Home Minister Amit Shah is calling the police who regularly share information with him.
Today’s Delhi blast: Was it a bomb blast?
In an interview with Hindustan Times, Satish Golcha further informed that no typical signs of a bomb blast were discovered at the site and added that the explosion took place in a Hyundai i20 car.
“There is no crater at the site, so we cannot say whether it is a bomb blast. Also, no bullet/shrapnel injuries have been reported so far, which is most common in bomb blasts,” he said.
The i20 car that was the reason for the explosion in Delhi near Red Fort today had two to three passengers and was demolished in the impact, Golcha told HT.
According to a special cell officer quoted by the newspaper: “No nails, no splinters, no shrapnel, no wires, no chemicals. No suspicious debris was found.”
Delhi blast at Red Fort: 8 dead, 24 injured
A powerful blast hit Delhi’s Red Fort area on Monday, killing at least eight and injuring 24 others.
The explosion in Delhi today took place near the Red Fort metro station, which has since been closed for entry and exit. Several vehicles, including the exploded car, were gutted.
The explosion at Red Fort took place on a busy evening when the area was teeming with people. The injured were taken to the LNJP hospital a few kilometers away.
NSG experts and NIA investigators rushed to the blast site. The NSG team consisted of explosives experts, while the NIA team consisted of investigators with experience in terrorism cases, according to sources quoted by PTI.
While it has not been confirmed whether today’s blast in Delhi near Red Fort was a terrorist attack, the government is looking into all angles, Home Minister Amit Shah said.





