Skip to content

Epstein Estate Agrees to $35 Million Settlement in Victims’ Class Action | Today’s news

February 20, 2026

Jeffrey Epstein’s estate has agreed to pay up to $35 million to settle a class-action lawsuit that accused two advisers to the disgraced financier of aiding and abetting his trafficking of young women and teenage girls, according to a court filing Thursday.

Boies Schiller Flexner, the law firm representing Epstein’s victims, announced the settlement in a filing in federal court in Manhattan.

The deal, if approved by a judge, would end a lawsuit filed in 2024 against Epstein’s former personal attorney, Darren Indyke, and former accountant Richard Kahn, who are co-executors of Epstein’s estate.

Epstein’s estate previously set up a restitution fund that paid out $121 million to victims. The estate also paid out $49 million in additional settlements to victims.

Neither Indyke nor Kahn “admitted or admitted wrongdoing” as part of Thursday’s settlement, their lawyer, Daniel H. Weiner, said in an emailed statement.

“Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to pursue the claims against them until trial, but they agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit to achieve final jurisdiction over any claims against the Epstein Estate,” Weiner said.

Weiner said the settlement would provide a “confidential avenue of financial assistance” for Epstein victims who have not yet settled claims against the estate.

Epstein died in a New York prison in August 2019. His death was ruled a suicide.

In a 2024 lawsuit, Boies Schiller Flexner attorneys said Indyke and Kahn helped Epstein create a complex web of corporations and bank accounts that allowed him to hide his abuse and pay victims and recruiters while remaining “richly compensated” for their work.

Boies’ law firm previously helped win a $365 million settlement with JPMorgan Chase and Deutsche Bank after accusing them of missing warning signs about Epstein, a once-lucrative client.

Index
    Settings