
Former Judges of the Supreme Court and Supreme Judges were criticized by the Minister of the Interior of the Union Amit Shah for his comments on the Vice President of the opposition candidate B Sudershan Reddy on Monday.
In his statement published on Monday, the former judge stated: “The statement of the Minister of the Interior, Mr. Amit Shah, publicly interprets the judgment of the Supreme Court in the matter of Salwa Judum unfortunate.”
They said, “The judgment does not support anywhere, whether explicitly or by a convincing consequence of its text, naxalism or its ideology.”
As for the comments of Amita Shaha against Reddy, the judges said: “
It would be wise to refrain from respecting the “call of names” from respect to the Vice President of India, the retirement judge said.
The former judge of the Supreme Court and the judge of the High Court claimed that criticism of “the so -called ideology of one candidate should be avoided”.
In addition, as former judges of the Supreme Court Kurien Joseph, Madan B Lokur and J Chelameswar, they said that the “prejudice incorrect interpretation” of the “high political official” is likely to have a “cooling effect” on his judge, his judge, his judge, “organizing independent judiciary”.
The declaration was signed by group 18 in the retirement of judges, including the seven former judges of the Supreme Court and the three former judges of the Supreme Courts.
What did Amit Shah say?
Amit Shah told the new agency even in an exclusive interview that Sudershan Reddy, a former Supreme Court judge, dismissed Salwu Judum and “ended the right to the self -defense of the tribes”.
He accused Reddy of “support” of naxalism and claimed that the extre of the left wing would end up in the absence of Salwa Judum by 2020.
Shah further claimed that because of the 2011 Reddy decision “Naxism lasted in this country for more than two decades …”
Amit Shah also focused on the leader of the Rahul Gandhi Congress and demanded that the leader of the congress to provide an explanation of the opposition alliance that decided to choose a nominee who “sympathized with left -wing ideology” and whose decision “dissolved” “armed group of civilians” “.
Sudershan Reddy: “Salwa judgment is not mine, but …”
Previously, when Amit Shah attacked B Sudershan Reddy at Salwa Judum, the vice presidential candidate of the opposition claimed that the judgment was not his but against the Supreme Court.
Reddy told PTI that Shah would not make notes if he read a complete judgment.
“I do not want to join the problem directly with the Honorary Indian Minister of the Interior, whose constitutional duties and obligations are to protect the life, freedom and property of every citizen, regardless of ideological differences.
“Second, I wrote the judgment. The judgment is not mine, the judgment is in the Supreme Court,” PTI said in an interview.
What was Salwa Judum?
Amit Shah said Salwa Judum was created by Adivasis, who wanted education, roads and health care. “He was supposed to protect them, which the Supreme Court dissolved,” the Minister of the Union said.
The judgment of July 2011, created by the justice of Reddy and the Justice SS Nijjar, dissolved Salwa Judum in Bastar, Chhattisgarh for being illegal and unconstitutional.
They decided that the use of tribal young people as special police officers in the fight against Maoist insurgents was illegal and unconstitutional.
The decision was made, while BJP under the main Minister Raman Singh was in power in Chhattisgarh.
The Reddy judgment said that Salwa Judum is “abdication of the state’s constitutional obligations to provide citizens with appropriate security by having a suitably trained professional police power and permanently equipped”.
Reddy, who served as the chief judge of the High Court in the Guwahati before he was promoted to the Supreme Court in 2007.
(With the entry from agencies)
(Tagstotranslate) Amit Shah





