
Amid heightened tensions over potential United States strikes on Iran, a media report said that Pres Donald Trump “military options that include directly targeting the Supreme Leader” and his son were presented.
The bar for Iran’s upcoming nuclear proposal is very high as the plan would have to convince many skeptics in the Trump administration, the report said Axios citing US officials.
On Friday, President Trump said he was considering a limited strike against Iran, having already ordered a major naval buildup in the Middle East to force Tehran to accept a deal curbing its nuclear activities.
Read also | Could US-Iran crisis push gold to new high after US court rules on tariffs?
When asked by reporters at the White House if he was considering limited military action to force nuclear concessions, Trump said, “I think I can say I’m considering it.”
Trump warned on Thursday that “bad things” would happen if Tehran did not complete the deal within 10 days, a time frame he later increased to 15 days.
The Trump administration is prepared to consider a proposal that would allow Iran to have “known” nuclear weapons enrichment if no possible path to a bomb remains, a senior US official said. Axios.
“President Trump will be prepared to accept a deal that would be substantial and that he could sell politically at home. If the Iranians want to prevent an attack, they should make us an offer we can’t refuse. The Iranians keep escaping at the window. There won’t be much patience if they play games,” said a senior US official.
AND Reuters The report, citing two U.S. officials, said Friday that U.S. military planning toward Iran has reached an advanced stage, with options including targeting individuals in an attack and even pushing for regime change in Tehran if ordered by President Trump. One US official reportedly noted Israel’s success targeting Iranian leaders during its 12-day war with Iran last year. This was reported by regional sources at the time Reuters at least 20 senior commanders were killed, including the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces, Major General Mohammad Bagheri.
“The president hasn’t decided to strike yet. I know that because we haven’t struck. He may never do it. He may wake up tomorrow and say, ‘This is it,'” said one senior Trump adviser. Axios.
The adviser said the Pentagon presented Trump with a number of options.
“They have something for every scenario. One scenario removes the ayatollah and his son and the mullahs,” the adviser said, referring to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his son Mojtaba, who is seen as a potential successor.
The plan to kill Khamenei and his son was presented to Trump several weeks ago Axios message.
Iran’s foreign minister said the two sides agreed to submit proposals
Meantime, Tehran said the two sides had agreed to submit drafts of a potential deal, which Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi described to US media as the “next step”.
“I believe in the next two, three days it will be done and after final approval by my superiors it will be handed over to Steve Witkoff,” he said.
Read also | US plan at ‘advanced stage’: Targeting Iranian leaders, regime change weighed
Araghchi also claimed that U.S. diplomats did not insist on halting Tehran’s uranium enrichment activities, a claim that contradicts public statements by U.S. officials. The two adversaries held the opening round of talks on February 6 in Oman, marking their first direct encounter since negotiations broke down during the 12-day conflict between Iran and Israel last June – a war in which the US participated by bombing Iran’s nuclear sites.
“We have not offered any suspension and the American side has not asked for zero enrichment,” he said in an interview aired Friday by a US television network. WC NOW.
“Now we are talking about how to ensure that Iran’s nuclear program, including enrichment, is peaceful and remains peaceful forever,” he added.





