Skip to content

Six Gujarat courts receive bomb threat emails; nothing suspicious has been found yet

February 17, 2026

“Six courts in Gujarat received bomb threat emails on Tuesday (February 17, 2026), prompting authorities to conduct extensive searches. Nothing suspicious has been found so far,” officials said.

Courts in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Valsad, Rajkot, Gandhinagar and Mehsana have received threatening emails, officials said.

“An email sent to the Vadodara District Court claimed that 19 bombs were placed on the premises,” a police official said.

“The post office threatened to bomb the court premises by lunch. The sender of the post criticized the Tamil Nadu court verdict. Vadodara SOG, Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS), Dog Squad, local police and a team of cyber experts reached the spot around 11 am. The court premises were sealed and nothing suspicious was found,” DCP Zojzar, DCP.

“In Valsad, 19 courtrooms of the district court were evacuated after an email claimed that 19 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) were planted in the premises to explode before the afternoon namaz,” Valsad Superintendent of Police Yuvrajsinh Jadeja said. “Nothing suspicious was found during the search,” he added.

“The district courts of Rajkot, Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad were also evacuated on Tuesday morning (February 17, 2026) but nothing suspicious was found,” officials confirmed.

Mehsana District Court also received a bomb threat email in the afternoon, after which it was evacuated. A thorough search was underway with the help of the BDDS, dog squad and local police. “Nothing suspicious has been found so far,” said Mehsana SP Himanshu Solanki.

On Monday (February 16, 2026), 34 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in Gujarat received bomb threat emails, after which the campuses were evacuated.

The emails turned out to be hoaxes as nothing suspicious was found in any of the 34 schools — 17 in Ahmedabad and Vadodara.

Published – 17 Feb 2026 15:55 IST

Index
    Settings